
For one of our Achievement Day activities, we hiked up to the 'Y' above Provo. Believe me, it is a LOT further and steeper than it looks. :o) Only 6 girls were able to go, but we had a lot of fun--people are already on vacations and involved in so many other summer things already. It was a Daddy/Daughter activity, so we should have included all of the dads in this picture. Jessica Armitage is one of the leaders over the younger girls--I have the older group of girls.

Actually, Pete and Kiera were coming down the mountain as we were going up--they had to be somewhere by 10:00, so they went early and did the hike. I guess we should have all gone at 6:00 in the morning so that we could have gone with them!!

Here is a picture of some of us at the very top of the 'Y'--we got up there by 9:30 or so. The girls had brought their lunch, and even though it was so early in the morning, they still wanted to go ahead and eat up at the top.

This is a picture of Gene and Kailee at the top and overlooking the Utah Valley. You can see Utah Lake in the background above Gene's head. It was a beautiful view from up there. Did you notice Kailee's hat?? That's what she spent her yard sale money on--it has a 'Y' on it. How appropriate. :o)

I can't believe we didn't get a group shot of all the dads with their daughters--we got individual pictures, but that was it. Anyway, the leader on the left brought her little 2 1/2 year old girl and carried her most of the way!! I couldn't believe she made it to the top--I would have pooped out and waited down below somewhere!!!
3 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I feel bad that Mike ended up working. Thanks for putting up with my girls and taking them.(:
That looks like fun. Way to go Erica! Kiarra was bummed we were already gone by the time you did this hike. Thanks for posting it though because she loves checking up on all her old friends. There's only 1 girl her age in our new ward.
U really need 2 update ur blog!!!! The last post u did was over a year ago!!!!
Post a Comment